Marsalforn forms part of the local council of Zebbug (Gozo)
Marsalforn is a very popular fishing village in the North West part of Gozo which forms an integral part of Zebbug. The name refers to the harbour (Marsa) and makes reference either to the type of vessels that would seek shelter there (Lifurna) or the caves burrowed out by the sea ('l Forna) which are abundant in the area.
After the development of the Mgarr Harbour, Marsalforn lost its importance and for centuries remained a quiet fishing village. Nowadays, Malsalforn has become very popular with tourists and hence several holiday apartments and restaurants have been developed. Marsalforn's beautiful crystal-clear blue waters offer also good diving spots. The coast around the area of Marsalforn is very scenic with many beautiful inlets and swimming spots. Along the sea coast from Xwejni to Wied il-Ghasri you can spot salt pans that are still in use today.
The village of Marsalforn, has a small church dedicated to Saint Paul Shipwrecked, due to the ancient beliefs that he left for Sicily and Rome from the Maltese islands from this location, and the feast is celebrated on 10 February.
Qbajjar tower, as it is known today was a fortification built in 1716 and is the last remaining fortification built this bay to protect it and the rest of the island from invaders. A well-known landmark in the area is the attractive statue of Christ the Saviour positioned on the Merzuq Slope, overseeing the island with open arms, offering divine protection.
|Male / Female||51.71% / 48.29%|
|Population density||389 per km2|
|Average price||€ 188,742|
|Average price per m2||Price on request|
|Sold in the last 30 days||51|
|Currently for sale||15|