Munxar is located in the south-west of the Gozitan capital between two valleys: Ghancija valley and Xlendi valley. Munxar is the Maltese word for the Bucksaw tool - an H shaped frame saw used for cutting firewood on a buck - and the village acquired its name from the imagery suggested by the countryside where it is located. The prehistoric temple at Ta' Marziena suggests that the town was in existence in the Ggantija and Tarxien phases.
In 1925 a wonderful church devoted to St Paul's Shipwreck was consecrated in the tiny village and it was declared as an independent Parish in 1957. A parish centre was built in 1972 and this turned out to be the hub of most of the community, religious, cultural and entertaining activities of the village. During the years, Munxar has proven its own distinctive features while retaining its traditions.
Xlendi Bay, although having its own character, is officially a part of the Munxar locality and it is considered as the main landmark of the village.
|Male / Female||50.51% / 49.49%|
|Population density||519 per km2|
|Average price||€ 332,926|
|Average price per m2||€ 1,145|
|Sold in the last 30 days||1|
|Currently for sale||23|