Santa Venera is located between Birkirkara and Hamrun, and similar to its neighboring towns it is quite densely populated. Undoubtedly the Wignacourt Aqueducts, are the most famous landmark of this locality which have been perfectly preserved along this stretch. The Aqueducts have been were built in 1611-1615 by Grand Master Wignacourt to transport water all the way from Rabat to Valletta using gravitational force.
Casa Leoni, situated alongside the Aqueduct arches is a Palace built by Grand Master Antonio Manoel de Vilhena in 1730. Nowadays the palace has its garden open to the public and is known as the Romeo Romano garden. At the garden you can appreciate a small exhibition of ancient tools used in agriculture, a well-kept old water mill, and a farmhouse which is also open to the public.
In 1912 the Carmelite friars started running the old Church of Santa Venera, which became a parish in 1918. The friars built a new church which was consecrated as the new parish Church of the locality in 2005 to cater for the increasing population of the locality.