Manikata forms part of the local council of Mgarr
Manikata is a small village situated in the limits of Mellieha. It overlooks a vast area of farming land in the valley between il-Ballut and il-Manikata. The main industry of Manikata is undoubtable farming.
Originally the population of Manikata was very small and hence the Old Chapel of St. Joseph which was built in 1920, served the inhabitants. As the population started to increase a new modern church designed by Richard England was consecrated in 1974. The architect got inspiration from the "girna" which is a small stone room built by farmers on their land to store their tools.
|Male / Female||50.72% / 49.28%|
|Population density||225 per km2|
|Average price||€ 358,979|
|Average price per m2||€ 2,391|
|Sold in the last 30 days||4|
|Currently for sale||117|